Saturday, April 21, 2012

An abandoned fax machine lays amidst a pile of garbage on the side of the road. Grinning, I reach down and hoist it up to get a better look. Ideas begin to swirl through my head as my imagination pierces the off-white plastic hull. Motors, transistors, capacitors... a cornucopia of components rests in my hands. 
I glance over at my wife. She sighs and patiently holds back a complaint. I take the silence as approval. 
This one's coming with me.

This blog will chronicle my adventures with junk electronics.
Because one man's trash is another man's hobby. 

(Click the pages on the right to navigate --->)




.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice article. BTW, where id you get that nice pico-k pcb style breadboard?

Anonymous said...

google drive is killing me

Anonymous said...

About the crash issue. After Taking a quick look at the source code, It looks like the problem is all the strings that are being printed, each one takes space in ram(I couldn't believe it either). I had a similar problem with a project, kept resetting on me, once I moved all the strings to program space I had no more crashes.

Rickyponting said...

I just read your article and found it informative. Well, if you are looking to buy a fax machine for your home or office use then it is recommended to check different reviews before buying. There are many different types of fax machines. I'd recommend to check this list fax machines before buying. I bet you will find the best one.